Monday, May 23, 2011

Trying out a vegan diet, specifically the Eat to Live diet by Dr. Joel Furhman

So normally as a vegetarian I personally eat a lot of cheese and other dairy products which I know aren't good. So I decided to put myself on a challenge (end date TBA, probably soon as I am getting sick of eating mainly veggies, haha!) to eat only whole, vegan foods. So far so good! I've eaten a lot of salads. If you read the book Eat to Live by by Dr. Joel Fuhrman he mentions that green vegetables are incredibly healthy because of a multitude of reasons so I've been trying to make the salad the main dish as he suggests for lunch and dinner. I am running out of salad dressings to try! Either way, we'll see how it goes. I don't feel particularly "better" being on this diet, however, I never felt that bad to begin with. So we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, how is that going? I could never give up cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far it's going ok - I am not following it exactly like I was the first 2 weeks. But I am still eating some version of a salad for lunch and dinner. I am actually enjoying all the salads, which surprises me!

    ReplyDelete